Monday, July 12, 2010

New Neighborhood Garden


First of all, this new posting and moving pics around was supposed to be so much better.. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am getting a little head of myself, as this neighborhood project will either take years, or never come to fruition like most projects in the neighborhood. But just got word that next to the park, just one block away, the city is going to install a water wise garden. I guess it will include cactus/drought tolerant plants, including natural & recycled materials, as well as an area for weddings and outdoor presentations, walls, fencing, etc....

Our favorite place to visit is Scottsdale/Cave Creek Arizona. We just love the landscaping there. Who knew that cactus could be so beautiful. Hopefully it will turn out as a great place to enjoy. Me and Emily walk this area every morning. Of course, by the time it is completed, we will have probably sold the house and moved out of the neighborhood. As much as I would like to enjoy it, I hope that is actually true. So want out of this neighborhood.. It's been too long in this crime ridden place. Time to move on in life, but thanks to the economy and the real estate mess, we are stuck for awhile.  But I digress........

 We actually just started re-landscaping our front yard with cactus/succulents, as everything else just seemed to die in the full sun... That project will be posted here soon.

I realize this is a lame post, but I am trying to get better at posting more often, as I once did, and of course, as usual, I am starting to blab on and on... so I will stop now.. Love & miss you all so much!!!

4 comments:

Ang said...

The park sounds like it will be really cool, hopefully they make it happen... before you get rich and get the heck out of dodge!

Our home selling/buying has been so stressful, we lost money on this house and the house we are buying is turning into a money pit... I just want it to be over with at this point!

Can't wait to see your landscape pictures, you guys always do such a great job!

Matt-n-Jef said...

Unfortunatley, most of us are losing money on our homes. Thanks to all the mortgage asses trying to make a big buck years ago. It so angers me. They created it, still making big money, and won't loan to anyone.. Amazes me, what greed can do to us all. And do they care? NOPE!!!!

Jen said...

I hope they manage to get the park completed while you are still there to enjoy it. They were talking about making the old Clover Club site into a park before I moved here 6 years ago. They finally planted grass and trees a few months ago, and now they are putting a sidewalk around the perimeter. Still no parking lot, and it is really just a big empty grass lot. I wish they would fence it in for a dog park, but I don't suppose that will ever happen.

Sheryl said...

The park sounds great. Hopefully they will follow through. I too love the Sonoran desert scape. It really is pretty here in a dry sort of way. Much nicer than that pit of a Las Vegas desert.