Friday, July 31, 2009

Doing Cartwheels of Joy

So things are going good so far with the home biz. I was so afraid, but it turns out that it was perfect timing. I closed 7 deals this month making 50% more then I was at that corporate BS.. and for August, if everything goes right, I will be making almost three times as much. I couldn't have even tried to do all this while pretending that I was working fully on my own from a corporate office. Cool thing is that I only have to close 5 deals a month to equal what I was making at the corporate crap. And there I was working 40 - 50 deals.. Jerks!!! They always say.. you don't make the big bucks working for someone else. Of course, I have to convince Matt to quit spending all of it. Which is the whole reason that we can't afford to go anywhere.

God works in mysterious ways.... Amazing that when you believe he will always take care of you.. it just happens!!!

Scary thing is, that most people buy homes in the summer, so that they don't have to relocate their kids during the school year. Home buying really drops off after September thru April, so I am kind of worried. Any ideas on how to get more business other then advertising to Realtor's on Craigslist, Facebook and referral would be so much appreciated. I can't let this feeling of Liberation end!! LOL.

I know its wrong, but I am not officially making any money, as all is going under Matt's name, so I have an unemployment interview on Monday.. and I am freaked out. (heck, I have paid into it for 30 years now, I deserve it) Heck, if these illegal immigrants can get all the benefits who paid nothing into it.. I know I deserve it!!!

The company did ask me to quit voluntarily and didn't deny me the benefit, so I am going to work it.. Voluntary resignation qualifies. I just hope that I can convince the Unemployment Department.

I am sad to say this, but I haven't been this happy with life since I was 9 or 10 and didn't know any better.

So, I wanted to post a pic of a visitor that we had in our home office the other day, but it wouldn't download.. A carrier pigeon with a string decided to fly in and of course took his little poopie on the floor. Luckily, Emily was upstairs or she would have caught it and ripped it too shreds. It was a sweet gift of the unexpected.

Wish that I had more interesting things to post about, but the life these days in a little boring and to normal..

Love and miss you all!!!!

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

I am super happy to hear that things are going well. That is awesome that you have been busy and making money. I am envious that you have something that you can stay at home to do. I wouldn't even mind working for someone else if I could do it from home. It would be like getting a pay increase to save on the gas.

We had a pigeon come in the house once. It couldn't find it's way back out, was flying around crapping everywhere. Rick finally shot it with the pellet gun.

Jessica said...

I think it is so great that things are going so well. Once you have a client base hopefully things will just jump even higher from here!

~Cynthia~ said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well. I love working at home, even if I do work for someone else. Actually, I kind of prefer it that way, Since I have done both. I would rather not have to deal with everything that comes with owning your own business again, and this way I get paid time off, but I am excited that you are doing well and are happy....and tell Matt to quit spending money and start saving for a vacation.

One thing that really stops me from making crazy purchases is to figure out how many hours of work it takes me to earn the money to pay for it. Usually it is way too many hours to justify wanting anything I don't really need.

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Hopefully you can keep it up during the school year as well.

Ang said...

Yay!! It sounds like you made a great decision... hope things stay busy and the business continues to grow, love you!

Grandmajoann said...

What a nice thing to read. I am also so happy for you. I know just how happy you are and how good you are doing and I hope it continues. How is the dog walking going? How are the little fishies doing? What a beautiful house and yard to work in.
Love ya

Steph Thompson said...

Keep positive! It is scary, but sounds like it is well worth it! Love you