Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Just Can't Take It Anymore.. I Am Done With It All!!!!

So as most of you know, Matt and I Incorporated about a year ago and started our own home business, providing the service that we have been doing for Corporate America.

Last Thursday, I called and left a voice message that I just couldn't do it anymore and that I was done. I basically took the plunge and quit my job. The good news is that I have been a valuable employee, so my Vice President told me that even though I quit my job with no notice, they would not deny me unemployment benefits. I just need to tell EDD that I left via Voluntary Resignation. Which after the message I left that night, was my only choice.. They were basically asking me to leave. She also was kind enough to let me know that we are all leaving on good terms and would not hesitate to give me a good referral if I did decided to get a Part Time or another full time job.. GOOD NEWS!!!

In the office that I was working at Downtown before they closed it down, I was my own person. Then I was moved to an office that I hated and was made to Assist to too many others [5 to be exact] I just couldn't take it anymore. Not to mention that the boss at my main office was very disrespectful of me and we both couldn't stand each other to begin with.

So I called, quit and I am now working from home full time. Of course, I am a bit worried, but yesterday, two brokers/owners of real estate companies called me out of the blue to give me two new files. One was a referral from another agent and the other found us off of our website. At $395 a file, I will be making way much more then at the stupid corporate BS. Hell.. Just 5 files a month pays me the same as at that corporate crap.. And the kicker is, that at corporate I was working on 40-60 files at the two offices.. Now how messed up is that... Who was making the money here!!!!!???????????

Its true what they say.. You don't make money working for others. I know that I will provide a valuable service to these brokers, and from there, hopefully the referrals will just keep a coming...

It is so liberating to be able to wake up at 8:30ish.. take the dog for a walk.. be able to take her for car rides, to deliver files or just run errands. She has been very depressed since Bryce passed away in December. It is just nice to run your own life finally.. My ultimate goal is to have 15 files a month.

Matt decided, now that I am home working on files from home full time, that he would slowly give me his files as well, so that he can focus on selling homes full time. He now has two sales in escrow and one Listing of his own.. Things are looking so bright that I don't know how to act!!! I have deserved to have this for so long.

Before I left the corporate life, I would work on files at night after work and be working until 9 or 10pm at night. Now I don't have to do that unless I choose to.. and even then, I know that it doesn't matter. I don't have to get up early to slum my butt to a job I can't stand.... I can get up when I want and still get the job done.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... sigh of relief... God will see to it that we are taken care of.

5 comments:

Ang said...

YAY! So glad you are enjoying some much deserved freedom!

Sheryl said...

How nice for you to have learned a business that you can bust out on your own with. I don't suppose there is much call in the private sector for a home business clearing college applications.

Can California afford to pay unemployment claims?

Jessica said...

That is so great that you are able to get out on your own. The stress will be there but so will the ability to do whatever you want.

Grandmajoann said...

How very nice for you. I too, like Sheryl wonder if California can pay un-employment! But try it anyway. I know you are smart and can do these files, and I am literally praying that this works for you both! I do want you two to succeed. Real Estate can be either good or bad. A positive attitude will be your best friend....
Happy Birthday Matt on the 7th..
Happy Birthday Sharon on the 7th..

Jen said...

Good luck, and I hope it works out wonderfully for you!