Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tagged By Kellie

I was hoping I wouldn't get tagged, but since I am most likely the weakest link now it gives me a chance to post something... Sure makes you think hard about yourself though doesn't it?

By the way, Grandma Jeni passed away last Wednesday morning, and with all that Matt has going on business wise, he decided to stay home and not to go the funeral. He is handling it a lot better then I thought he would. He's a pretty tough cookie anyhow. (He has to be to put up with all the continual crap I put him through). I always kept crying for no reason when Grandma Clair died and I couldn't make it to her funeral.

So anyhow... Here are my crazy and random things.

1. I've got the Sniffles - Because I used to Ice Skate, I would constantly be sniffling to hold in the snot (ewww gross) To this day, I still do that from the habit all those years. People are always asking if I have a cold and only then do I realize that I still do it all the time. I think I do it less often then I used to.. But then again, I never knew I was doing it before so who knows.. and really, who cares. At least they don't ask if I have a problem snorting cocaine after work.

2. Chicken Fried Steak - My ultimate favorite food with gravy on top of it and on top of the
mashed potatoes. Whenever we go out to eat, I always tell myself I will get something else,
but if it is on the menu.. It usually ends up in front of me for dinner.

3. Driving my car - for the last few years, I have really had bad anxiety when driving anywhere.
having to check three or four times before turning, changing lanes, always watching the
people behind me to make sure they don't hit me, etc...

4. Afraid of heights - I can't even watch someone on TV who is somewhere high or I have
to turn away from the TV and hide my eyes from it. I get that same feeling in my gut watching it on TV as I do in reality.

5. Shots - and no I am not talking about the alcoholic shots. Dentists/Doctor kind. I hate them
and will do anything to avoid them. Whenever I go to the Dentist which is very rare, I inform
them ahead of time, that if you need to drill or whatever. NO SHOTS!! I will just make a noise
when you need to stop drilling for a bit. (here is the sad part... I hadn't been to the dentist in
10 years). They decided that they wanted to take out all the silver and replace with the white
fillings. Looks alot better but yes, I had to have shots.. TWELVE of them to deaden me
enough. I should have gotten the sleepy pills, but insurance wouldn't cover them. I had
already warned them about my fear. And now because of that painful situation
I will definately not be doing that again!!

6. Shopping - I HATE IT!!! Yes we all hate grocery shopping, but I hate any shopping. Clothes,
furniture, buying things for the house, for myself, Home Depot fix up shopping. All of it. In fact, I do all of the shopping I can online, if I have to do any and if I can. Which is stupid because of the shipping charges, even if you do get a good deal it costs more. I guess most of all, I just hate crowds and people who are so into themselves they can't see straight to get out of your way.

7. Lobsters and cockroaches - I just found out yesterday that Lobsters and cockroaches are
related. Now I am not much of a seafood person but I will eat lobster once in a while. Not any
more I won't.. That is disgusting... Do you know the reason that Lobsters have to be cooked
by throwing them in a hot boiling pot of water? I used to think that was cruel until yesterday
when I found out why. Lobsters spew out a chemical that is poisonous and would kill us, but
when they are thrown in a boiling pot of water, they are killed almost instantly and don't
have time to release that chemical, thereby letting us enjoy thier meaty little bodies..
Quite educational aren't I?

So there ya go... My seven crazy, wierd and fun facts for the year 2008!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

The driving thing, I am totally there with you!

~Cynthia~ said...

Boo!!! That was my spooky something.

Okay, I had no idea you had such phobias. How did you do Splash mountain with us if you are afraid of heights, or is that kind of height not scary?

You and Brittni should get together and you can sniffle and she can clear her throat. She clears her throat about every 10 seconds. We've taken her to the doctor and by the process of elimination it seems to be just a bad habit too.

Eve said...

Interesting! I, too, have been tagged by Alyssa and am trying to come up with 7 things. That's a lot of things. I applaud you for being able to come up with them.

Give Matt a big hug for me, and let him know I am sorry about his grandma. I'm sure glad you guys got to go out and have a visit with her.

Ang said...

Well I guess I might not ever eat lobster ever again. Not that I really cared for it anyways, I just loved that you could smother it in butter! Mmmm butter!

Denise said...

Dang it! Now I might not be able to eat lobster anymore and I really enjoy lobster.

Grandmajoann said...

Well, that is a lot to think about. Some of those things I knew about you, some I didn't. Heck, I'll eat lobster anytime I can afford it. Who cares how they kill or cook it, I don't have to watch! We went on a trip once and took a little boat over to Mesquito Island and had Lobster Thermador. It was so good. Kind of like Halibut augrautin that they used to fix at Brattens. How I wish they were still in business.

Kellie said...

Yay, thanks for being a good sport and posting that! I am kinda afraid of heights as well. However somehow I still want to go sky diving... I know that doesn't make any sense!