Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wii's Back From Ohio

While we were in Ohio, Matt's mom (Mary & Ken) celebrated their 33rd Anniversary. They had a Nintendo Wii and Mary mentioned that she would like the Wii Fit. So we went to Target and Gamestop with no luck. Toys-R-Us was nearby so we stopped in and they had one Wii fit left. Much to our amazement they also had the actual Wii system. Since we can never find it here we figured what the heck, lets buy it and take it back home.

Later that day we were visting Grandma Jeni while Mary sat by her bedside and Mary had asked us to go to Walmart to buy some more yogurt for Grandma. Soft food is about the only thing she can get down. While we were there we figured that we would go see if they had another Wii Fit. Much to our amazement they had four that had just come in. So we bought one for ourselves and brought that home as well.

We set ourselves up on her Wii and Oh My.. My Wii fit age is 60! What? Okay, I know I haven't exercised in over 15 years but come on now. Give me a break.

Like dad/grandpa has been, Grandma Jeni travels in and out of reality, but I must say she is a fighter and is not willing to go anywhere as of yet. She did realize every now and then that we were there and I am glad that Matt got to see her before she was completely out of reality. We learned the first day that we couldn't say goodbye because Grandma Jeni would start crying uncontrollably. The last day was very hard. We told Grandma Jeni that we would see her later, gave her a kiss and she would reach up and stroke our face and hair. She told us to be careful and we left telling her to take care of herself. It was so hard knowing that it was final and that we wouldn't see her in this life again.

Take care Grandma. You are such a beautiful person, we love you so much and thank god that you were a part of our lives. May God bless you, keep you, take care of you and show you the glory of all the wonderful blessings that we will all share for eternity together in our next glorious life.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful, and emotional time. I'm glad you took the opportunity to go see her.

We have Clarence's son staying with us for the next couple of days. I can't help but be a little bit angry at him for not making an effort to get here while his dad was alive. The weird thing for me is, it doesn't seem to faze him. I can't figure out why he is here now, and what the point of the visit is.

Jen said...

I'm glad that you had the opportunity to see Matt's grandma one last time. Even if you didn't actually say goodbye to her, it makes a difference to you to know that you had one last chance to see her.

Have fun with your Wii. I'm pestering Denise to sell me her old PlayStation so I can try to get in shape with Dance Dance Revolution.

Ang said...

We just got Liv the wii fit for her bday. She told me she was 18 in wii years so don't feel to bad, she is actually a fit 8 year old. Maybe they do it to try and motivate you! I haven't set myself up on the game yet so I will let you know how out of shape I am when I do!

Glad you guys had a good visit to Ohio, love you.

Matt-n-Jef said...

Well no worries on her Wii fit age. The fit states that children under 18? don't register correctly on the system. Lucky them.

Jessica said...

Have fun with the wii fit. The penguin one is so addicting. I have to play it whenever i go to my moms.

Grandmajoann said...

Well, am I a little slow! I thought that I had written something here the first day. I guess it didn't take and I didn't know. I am glad that you went to Ohio and met the whole family again. I am sure they were all glad to see Matt and you. And, grandma was glad also. We must always make that extra effort when old ones are involved. We never know how long they will have. Love ya.