Friday, September 19, 2008

The So Sad and the So Glad

So we are leaving for Ohio on Tuesday for a week. (How I hate leaving the doogies that long) It might seem like a vacation, but its not going to be. Matt's Grandmother who just turned 90 in August has been in the hospital for a while terribly weak and feeble. Thank God Matt had the chance to talk to her for bit a few weeks ago but the sad thing is she said her last goodbyes (and unfortunately it was only for a minute or so). As I told Matt; its amazing how those who are very sick will hold on until they are able to visit, in person, the last family member, which I believe is Matt. I have been praying that she will hold on until we have the chance to visit with her (I feel terrible asking God of that) as she is in so much pain. She is such a joyful, beautiful, and all loving person. I truly wish I could have gotten to know her better.

It takes me back to when Grandma Clair passed away. I did get to see her months before she passed away, but I felt so much guilt because I couldn't attend her funeral. Especially after all the good times we spent with each other and Harvey. Playing cards, watching Johnny Carson late at night and having my friends stay at her house to enjoy all of her love and joy. She was such a good person.. Grandma Clair is so much my ULTIMATE HERO!!! I have struggled ever since she passed away that I dissapointed her!!

So on a happier note. Eat fish and save the turkeys. And thank you for sticking with me past the sad times.

We will be coming to Utah for Thanksgiving. We were going to fly out, but I can't deal with all those traveler's, so we will be driving across the desert plains. Did I say plain? It would be so nice to have everyone there as a sort of family reunion. All get together and thank God for living in the U.S. and enjoying all the blessings that we have. Letting go of any hatred or ill feelings for one day and being together. I so would love to see everyone (too bad that Kelly isn't due until May. I would love to hold and smell the newest member of the family). Okay, somehow that sounded wrong. You know.. the new baby smell.

Okay, I am now going to show my dorkiness here, so please forgive me..

Think how blessed we are.. Clean water, electricity, food to eat, all the comforts of technology, no war in our own country, freedom, we don't grow up thinking that we have to be martyr's to kill others, knowing God and Jesus as our Saviour, cherised memories, should I go on and on?

Its amazing how much we in this country complain, but we have been truly blessed. Even thought the economy is going down the tubes, people are losing their houses left and right, and our presidential candidate are (DORKS) we still live in the land of opportunity and freedom to do as we wish.

Now spend a few cents and post your comments.. LOL. If you dont' understand the spents cent at the end of my post.. Its just a cute way to post your comments on my blog. I do have to be different after all.

6 comments:

Eve said...

Well, I don't think any of your comments are dorky. It is clear that you are speaking from the heart, and that is never out of line. We are a very blessed and fortunate bunch of people. One of the awesome things about our country is that we can voice our views without repercussion. Yes, there are problems and issues in our country, but where are there not problems and issues? Everybody has them, and I think I prefer to work through the ones we have here.

I hope your trip is awesome. I know the reason for it is to say goodbye to someone you both love, but enjoy the company of other family members too. Where in Ohio are you going? You know Erie is just a stone's throw from Cleveland and there are some really nice people in Erie, too!

Ang said...

I'll be thinking of the two of you, I hope your trip is safe. We are about 2 hours from Cleveland so if you are anywhere near there let me know I would love to come out and meet you if your time allows. Obviously, under the circumstances, I know you have a much greater purpose to your visit.
Lots of love, Ang

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Matt's grandma. Even when those that we love are ready to go it is hard to let go of them knowing how much we will miss them. I hope that you are able to have a good visit with her. I think about Grandma Clair often and I miss her too.

I am happy that you will be coming to visit for Thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing you.

P.S. I know what you mean about new baby smell. That is one of the perks about working in a child care center!

Julie said...

What can I say that the previous comments have'nt already said. Have a safe and nice trip.
Because of Grandma Clair I could't wait to be a Grandma. Lucky for me I do get to hold and mell a new baby in a matter of months.
Love you!

Matt-n-Jef said...

We will be visiting Columbus and Newark.

Denise said...

Yes be careful!

I was wanting to go visit Ang on Thanksgiving, but if not that would be great to get together.

And I also hate leaving the dog for more than a few hours!