Monday, January 5, 2009

Bryce Is Home Again

Sorry I keep posting about Bryce. This will be the last time, I promise. This has been harder on me then I thought it would and I need to get it out. Sorry, that you all have to bear it with me.

I had a really hard time deciding on Cremation and now that I see how my big handsome boy was reduced to the size of a small box, I wonder if I made the right decision. Don't know why it's such a struggle for me. I know that God is all powerful and that everything reduced to dust will be miraculously spun around and placed back to its original state.

I do know that I didn't want to bury him because if I ever had to move away from California, he would be left all alone. Also, this way he can be with me all the time. And when my time comes he can be buried with me. Sounds crazy right?

I was going to buy him a different Urn, one more fitting to how we feel about his life but now that I have him back, I don't want to disturb him, by placing him in a new one. I would rather he stay in peace without being disturbed. Besides, I am not sure that I could bare to actually see the ashes. I think it would be demeaning to him to actually see him that way. The good thing about this company is that they handle individual cremations. Meaning that they insure that all the remains given to you are your pet only. That they are not mixed with the few small remains of another pet.

This is a picture of his resting place and it came with a pawprint as well. (It's not an actual picture of his, but one off of the website). I worried that as we didn't have him back until two weeks later that he was just laying there alone for too long. As it turns out, he was cremated on Christmas Eve.

As you may have read earlier, I truly believe that Bryce visited me the night of his last day. I was hoping he would come back to visit again but he hasn't. Maybe now that he's back home, he will visit me one more time tonite.

I feel truly blessed to have had him in my life. Because of the "Dalmatians" movies, I can't tell you how joyful it was, every time we took him somewhere, that everyone was just in awe of him and just wanted to be near him. Not to mention that he was one of the most handsomest/beautiful Dal's I had ever seen. Every time I see a Dalmatian my heart just jumps for joy. They are my favorite pups of all time.

Listen to your dad Bryce and be a good boy Okay?!!!

6 comments:

Ang said...

I think Bryce was the luckiest pup in the world to get to share his life with a family that loved him so much. Don't ever think you need to quit sharing this part of your life with us, we love you, and want to know what is on your mind and in your heart.

I think cremation is a wonderful choice and unfortunately has had a bad rap, I wish more people would consider it, not only for their pets, but for themselves. I know it is obviously an incredibly personal decision though. I don't think it in any way devalues or demeans those that we love and cherish so dear. I love the idea of keeping someone near. It is a lovely urn and the paw print is a really nice touch.

I love you and will hope that you get that wonderful fuzzy visitor soon.

Denise said...

I can't say it better than Ang did. I think the urn is beautiful and I love the idea of having your pet near you all the time.

You can post as much as you want! We love you and hope you get feeling better soon.

Eve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eve said...

There really isn't any more to say than those two sweet girls have said. Bryce is a part of you and we wouldn't expect you to just forget about him, any more than we would a human family member.

I love the paw print. I think that is such a special keepsake.

Love you, brother.

P. S. I deleted my first comment because I found too many typo's!

Grandmajoann said...

How very nice that he is back with you. I just know he knows where he is. Every time you look at that urn your heart will ache, I know that. But just think of all the good times you have had and maybe eventually it will get easier. I love you.

Kellie said...

Your dog was beautiful! Its always hard to loose a family member so don't worry about posting about him! I'm glad we have blogs to help us cope writing our struggles down are a great coping mechanism!