Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Memorial To Bryce

Sunday will be a week without Bryce. Although it is getting easier to have him not here, I can't believe how painful it still is. I have never had to deal with putting a companion down. We were both with him and petting him as he took his last breath. That was hard to do and I picture it too many times in one day.

It was a very hard decision, but I decided to have him cremated so that he would always be with me. I couldn't bear to bury him here and then if I ever move he would be so far away and all alone. I feel so guilty vacumming up his fur, cleaning all the towels as if I am just washing him away.

Anyhow, I created an online memorial.
http://fortheloveofbryce.pets-memories.com
to him but couldn't get the music to save, so I added my dedication song to him on the blog.

It sure is hard leaving Emily alone these days. Of course, she has adjusted very well, its still hard to have her here all by her lonesome.

Glad everyone had a Merry and Very safe Christmas. Love you all.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Well now that I have a huge lump in my throat and snot running down my nose all I can say is we love you guys and have been thinking of you. What a beautiful memorial to a beautiful boy.

Denise said...

It is so difficult. I remember petting Lucy our boxer as she was dying. There is nothing worse. I also remember making the decision to but my horse down. It was so hard, but I knew he was in so much pain. They are family. It is just like losing a human member. I am so sorry.

Eve said...

Yup, me and Ang boobing like girls. The hardest part for me is knowing that it is so hard for you.

Thanks for sharing his visit with us.

Denise said...

I agree with mom, the hardest part is knowing how bad it hurts you. I love you!

Julie said...

I will always remeber bringing Ed home after putting him out of his pain. It was sooooo hard. We got Kellie out of school early, she went outside, layed next to him on the lounge chair and fell asleep. When we buried him in the back yard we all put one of Ed's favorite think in with him.
I'm so sorry. Love you.