Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's a Day Dream

So I figured out one of Grandpa's (dad's) sightings. He talks about bulls or cows in the corner of their living room. The part of the Living room that the cows or bulls hang out in, is the corner that houses the fabric chairs. Joyce just recently purchased a very nice leather chair for dad to sit in and a couple of leather couches.

Turns out, that the cows and bulls hang out in the corner of the living room where the fabric chairs are placed. So, my take on it, is that they are the ghosts of the cows who were slaughtered to cover the furniture and they are pissed!!! Turns out that they never hang out around the leather furniture. So I told dad to hang around the leather furniture and he would always be safe.

While I visited Dad before I left, he proceeded to walk out onto the deck (very cold) and told me that there were very tiny soldiers (about one ft tall), construction going on at the bottom of the canyon (I told him that they were most likely cutting down the tree limbs for the deer to cross). Owls in the trees, streams of water. I tried to convince him that the drugs were making him see things that didn't exist. (Hey Doctor, can I get some of those drugs? LOL, just kidding) He knows that the drugs are creating hallucinations, but can't quite wrap his around his it. We were out there in the cold for about a half an hour. I proceeded to tell him that it was most likely the drugs and this is why Nancy Reagan came up with the phrase, "Say no to Drugs". Whatever he is taking is probably halluconagenic.

I think that our Thanks for this year is that Joyce is a true angel, and loves Dad so much that she can take care of him, and that we don't have to. I do wish though, that I was around to see, visit, and give her a break once in a while.

Its funny how he remembers those things of the yesteryear, but can't remember that of the present.. He talked to me about how we used to go deer hunting with the Archibalds, etc.. and ran the deer out of the bushes so that they could hunt them down, while camping in the big tents, etc... etc...

Funny how we can connect to the old times.. Makes me cry so hard.

I so enjoyed seeing most of you again, and Matt was very happy to get to know you all a little better then he did.I just wish that I could have spent more time with the all of you.

Now its your turn to visit. I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful family. Love and kisses to all of you.

I was going to add pictures of the Temple Square lights for those who haven't seen or been this year. But Its been too long that I have added pictures to remember how, so I will add later.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'm glad that you got to spend a little more time with Dad. I feel terrible that I didn't make it over again, but we were really on the run the whole time.

Your theory about the cattle is interesting. He does seem to be quite connected to the other side, so it makes sense. The construction thing is a little weird though.

And I certainly agree with you. Joyce is and angel, and my thanks to Danielle and Jeremy for all they do as well.

~Cynthia~ said...

My sentiments about Joyce are the same as well. She has definitely earned a top spot in Heaven for all she does. What would we do without her? It is such a blessing to always know that dad is loved and well taken care of. I can worry about him, but I don't have to worry about how he is being taken care of.

Ang said...

Ah shucks, I sure miss you and wish we could have been there. At this point I am ready to visit California because we are freezing here!

Tilley/Booth said...

It was so great to see you guys! I hope you felt comfortable at our house as we do love having you stay with us. It breaks my heart that Grandpa has to live with these thoughts, but Joyce is amazing! He is in good hands. Im ready for a trip to your place so wish me luck for big winnings in Vegas!

DHS Child Care Center said...

It was really great to see you guys again. I was thinking about it the other day and realized that it has been more than three years since me, Steph, and Ava went to San Diego for a visit. We definitely need to do that again.

Kellie said...

It was good to see you two! I wish I had old memories with grandpa so that we could talk about them. Oh well I still love him! Hopefully your back home so that you don't have to be in the freezing cold anymore!