Friday, December 12, 2008

Tribute to the 80's

So Angie posted on her blog about Lexi's tribute to the 80's. That was so my time, my passion, my life in my very early 20's. Good friends, good music, so free.

New wave music and clothes was my ultimate favorite. I just realized that ever since then I had to be a little bit different. Hence the reason to this day, that I still to this day sign and am known by Jef with 1 F!

That was the best time of my life! I always think back to that time, when I finally had a group of friends who were close and just loved to enjoy and be around each other. I still listen to that music and get a little tear in my eye thinking about the fun we all had together... How funny, I get tears in my eyes looking at this stupid site just looking back. It sucks to get old!!!!!!!!!!

Parachute pants, so gnarly, Michael Jacksons hey day, Madonna look alikes,punk music, mosh pits, mohawks, video arcades, rubiks cube geeks,scrunch socks, ray-bans, etc..., etc... so sweet, so stupid, yet so fun...

MUSIC: Berlin (My Fav) Howard Jones (Hey Jen, remember that messed up concert that I took you to in Park City outdoors?) Tears for Fears, Yaz,U2, Modern English, Go Gos, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, ABC, Bananarama.. OMG!!!

Not to familiar with the 80's? Go here

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/fashion.htm

and you will find everything you need to know about it.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Wow, I learned more about the 80's reading your post that I remembered on my own. I guess I was busy having babies and raising toddlers.

Jen mentions that infamous concert every once it a while. I think it scarred her for life!

Some day when I am brave I will look at the link

Ang said...

Oh I love it too, even though I was just a young tween back then. A couple things you forgot... really big feathered bangs and ratted hair! Good times, good times.

It did seem like it was a time of just enjoying your friends and loved ones. Then the 90's came and it was all about competing and keeping up with the Jones's. Oh to go back to a time when bad hair and bad clothes were so good, that would be radical!

Jen said...

What are you talking about, Ang? You DO live in a time and place where bad hair and bad clothes are so good!

Of course I remember the infamous Howard Jones concert. How could I forget something as exciting as that? Since I didn't really know your friends I didn't have a stake in the fighting, so I was free to enjoy the music. And I did enjoy the music!

Tilley/Booth said...

Those were the days! I also remember a couple of good concerts. Jen would have to remind me who we went with. I do recall a Howard Jones and Ah Ha concert. Fab!

~Cynthia~ said...

I loved the 80s, because that was the only time in my life that I was skinny.

Ang said...

Oh my gosh I had forgotten all about Ah Ha! They were so hot!!! Remember that show Friday Night Videos before MTV. Jen used to record it so we could watch the music videos over and over.