Sunday, December 21, 2008

In Loving Memory of My Beloved Bryce Jan.98 - Dec. 21 ,2008

For all the times we got upset with you for getting up on the counter, licking the dishes while we were loading them, jumping up on top of the jacuzzi to peak over the fence,


constantly nudging me to give you more attention to rub your bottom and ears, eating the fish food out of the pond, running away when you had the chance to bolt out the door and playing the game of get me get me dad...


Barking at everyone who passed by, having to clean up all your dog hair for 11 years, and for the last week, having to clean up your throw up and bowel mishaps 5 - 8 times every day. The tap, tap, tapping of your nails on the hardwood floor, the staring at us when you knew it was time to eat.


I wish I had all those moments back, without any angry words or thoughts. And now that we are home, I feel guilty washing all the towels used to clean up your messes and all the covers to your dogbeds as if I am washing you away. I should have taken you to the beach and taken you for walks more often. The exercise may have kept you with us longer.... My guilt of so many things that go through my mind just breaks my heart and soul that words can't explaing.


So as you all know, Bryce had been having trouble with his legs, artritis in one and the other we couldn't figure out. This last week he had been on a really fast downward slide. Unable to hold his bowels, throwing up everything he ate and drank.



We took him to the vet early Saturday morning and he got an I.V to re-hydrate his body and some bloodwork, and pills to help him control his bowels and his vomiting. To no Avail. It didn't work. Saturday night, I slept by his side and he didn't sleep all night, nor would he eat, drink and his eyes were distant. He basically had liver problems and he was just shutting down.




Early Sat. morning he started getting the shakes & seizures. The vet called w/the bloodwork and we decided it was time. Bryce had too many problems too be fixed. We took him to the beach (his favorite dog beach) one last time. (he took a crap all over me as I lifted him out-I didn't care) and at 3pm we had him put to sleep.
Even Emily who was kind of mean to you,has now realized you are gone, is sad and very sorry for all of your pain.
It was so hard to see him put to sleep.. Our eyes are so sore from crying. We truly thought you would be healed and tried everything we could do for you baby. May God take care of you.

Life just won't be the same without your cute smiley face.
You were the most handsomest Dalmatian I have ever seen.
Thank you for the unconditional love, companionship and friendship.
You are forever in my heart and soul sweetheart!







5 comments:

Ang said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bryce. I believe dogs truly are one of the greatest gifts in this life. They love us no matter our imperfections and are always there to cheer us up with their lovely furry little faces. Love you.

Jen said...

Watching my dad's dog Lucy die was one of the most horrible experiences of my life, so I can imagine what you went through with Bryce. Take care and know that we love you.

Eve said...

Hey Brother, we are so sorry to hear that Bryce is gone. He has been a part of the family for so long. What a beautiful tribute to him.

We love you.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bryce. I remember when we had to put Ed to sleep it was on my birthday. It is such a hard thing to do.

Grandmajoann said...

You made a beautiful tribute to Bryce. The pictures are adorable. And it nice to see him in his better days. I'm sorry that he had to go. Just always remember the good times. That is what warms the heart and makes it all bareable. Don't dwell on the should of's. You did your very best, and he had a good life. Love ya bunches....