Thursday, March 26, 2009

An Excuse To Post Something

So our lives have been boring lately, & I needed to make an excuse to post. Since Sheryl & Rick visited Asheville, North Carolina, I am posting pics from our trip a few years back to visit a friend who lives there..

I could so live there. In fact, I am entering a sweepstakes to win a house there. What a surprise!!! I enter a 20 - 40 sweepstakes a day.

Anyhow, this is us in front of the Biltmore. After all, I don't want to be the most boring and weakest link..JOLYN!!! 2 months since a post?
Get a life girlfriend!!!


















We also hiked up the lower and upper falls of the Asheville Mountains.

This is us at the lower falls..




This is my fat and old ugly self as we were heading up the mountain near another fall.


This is Matt at the upper falls, who by the way has lost 80-100 lbs to date...

Very proud of him and quite the feat to accomplish.





We also stopped in Myrtle Beach and stayed at a hotel on the 12th floor for really cheap. The room had the capability to room 10 people. We stopped here on our way back to Matt's mom's house in West Virginia.

We started there and worked our way down to Asheville, down to Savannah and to Myrtle Beach on the way back.

And this is a picture at Savannah, Georgia.. The moss hanging from the trees was crazy.. I have never seen such a thing. Savannah is chock full of history and old houses, brickways and down by the river is chock full of places to drink and have fun.. Gotta live life while you are here right?


9 comments:

Ang said...

I loved your excuse to post! It has been a little mini vacation in my mind to look at yours and my moms blogs. And, more importantly, it is always a great reason to harrass Jo!

Sheryl said...

I love the south. The countryside is so beautiful, there is so much history, and the buildings have so much personality.

Thanks for posting your pics. You had a lot more time to enjoy than we did. I agree with Ang, a nice mini-mind vacation

Jen said...

Very cool pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us, and I hope you win the house!

Sheryl said...

HEY, if you win the house we can come and visit. DO IT!

Grandmajoann said...

Aren't vacations wonderful! Great pictures and congratulations on the 80-100 lb loss. Wish it was me...
Wonder who will go on one next?!

Tilley/Booth said...

I know I'm the weakest link. My computer crashed about a month ago, maybe longer. Any way I bout a new one 2 weeks ago, but I think i'm getting used to not having one. So if and when anything exciting happens I will blog! By the way I am at Denise's right now. I love this girl!!!

Tilley/Booth said...

I meant I bought a new one!!!!!

~Cynthia~ said...

Ah...I see Jo is alive. Just before I saw Jef's post, I was thinking about posting on mine something to call her out among the living. It sounds like she has a good excuse if she has been computerless. Certainly, Jo, you must have some random tidbits you could post just so we can get a little picture of your life lately. I miss you!

Kellie said...

Those are cool pics, I can't wait to eventually go down south to Louisiana to meet Kane's family... some day. But fun vacation!