Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Well my office was the next casualty and we just got the announcement this morning that my office will be closed as of December 5th. Right when I get back home from Utah. Thats 8 offices in the last two years leaving us with three offices left. Fortunatley, since they have laid off so many people, I still have a job in one of our Southern offices. God is truly on my side. All the people in those offices got laid off. So in a way I feel very fortunate.

However, I so love downtown and I am going to hate working in the Burbs. I haven't been told what I will be doing, so I of course am a little scared that I may be doing something totally new to me. I guess I should look at it as if I will have experience doing something else to put on my resume.

If they don't offer me more money, I am not sure what I will do. Stay or leave. All I know is that I have to have a job with Benefits for both Matt and I, since he is his own business.

I guess the good thing about this is, that all those agents who will be leaving the company, I can now hit up to use Matt and I as their Transaction Coordinators. At $400 a sale... thats $400 more a sale that I wasn't making with McMillin. So in the long run we could benefit from this. I would like to get enough people to use us that I could eventually quit working for others and work from home making more money then I thought I could.

One of our agents who left two months ago took 5 of his buyers agents with him and all of them are using our services. I now have 4 deals of theirs. Two of them at the $400 charge and two of them with a charge of $600 because I am doing all the communications with the bank trying to work out a deal with the seller.

I can't even tell you how many people I know that have been laid off from our company and the other real estate offices. And how many real estate offices have closed because these greedy lenders got us in this economic mess!!! What really annoys me is that our government continually helps these idiots who got us all in this mess in the first place and keeps screwing US... the underdogs. What the HELL is wrong with the people we put in government positions? I guess I should be satisfied with my new faith is that all of those people will be punished in the long run for all of their greedy wrong doings!!!!

7 comments:

Ang said...

Well it is definitely a good thing that you still have a job! I don't know what the solution for the economy is but it certainly doesn't seem like bailing out banks, insurance company's and the freaking auto makers is going to do the trick. GRRR! I guess we will see. I will be hoping that you can score a couple of those clients on the side.

Eve said...

Well, I certainly hope this does all work out in your favor! I'm relieved to hear that you are still employed. That first paragraph got my blood pumping.

Jessica said...

Good luck with all the changes, At least you get a little vacation in before you have to decide what to do.

Jen said...

I am also very glad that you still have a job, and hopefully it will work out for the best in the long run.

See you next week!

Denise said...

Thank God for still having a job!!! I do hope you benefit, but I hope the market doesn't just keep going in the toilet.

Grandmajoann said...

Wow, was I scared when I started reading this. I do hope it all works out. And we now have a subject to talk about while you are home if we run out of subjects! Can't wait til you are both here....I am excited.
Love ya.

~Cynthia~ said...

Sounds like you and I have the same stresses with constant company changes and an unknown future. I'm glad you are still employed and I have to tell myself the same thing everyday, at least I still have a job. With more of our work going to India (I hate India) and now everything moving to speech recognition, it is scary wondering how long I'll be able to hold out making enough money. My wish is that the government would put a stop to all the work going overseas, especially medical records that are supposed to be confidential.

I'm thankful that someone "up there" is watching out for us both.